6.12.2008

the injuried list


so there comes a time in every baby's life where the loving caring parents injure them. No one wants to be the parent that inflicts the first "boo boo", but someone has to hold the title. well the time has come, and although Chris was the first to make him cry while nipping him while cutting his fingernails (Chris cried more than Greyson), I was the first to draw blood. Yup, I said it, I made the baby bleed! Damn those fingernail clippers they are the devil. Since the last try Chris refuses to help cut his nails, so mama decided to try it as a solo mission. Two feet and one hand down and i was feeling pretty good about myself, and then it happened! A loud cry followed by the saddest face ever and there it was blood. My reaction was to stick his finger in my mouth to try to stop the bleeding, and then I picked him up and held him so tight (he wasn't even upset at this point) and I refused to look at his finger, I just knew I had caused permanent damage. HAHA After a few moments of hugging him and telling him I love him, Daddy came home. thank goodness I thought, I needed some support. I pulled greyson away to show daddy and his little hand was covered in blood, and it was on me too. It broke my heart, of course it looked way worse than it was, and once daddy cleaned it up and put on his first band-aid we were all back to normal. So the award to first parent to draw blood goes to me the mommy, and I guess since he is a boy and Chris's son I should get used to the sight of his blood. Lord knows he will be a fearless little monster.

PS. I also dropped a container of cool-whip on his head in Harris Teeter, thankfully no blood was drawn at that event.

Injury Count
Dad: 1
Mom: 2

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All Super Heros need battle scars!

Way to go Court, now James is going to post something about the time I dropped him on his head..blah, blah, blah....

Big hug to 'Lil G'and you too.

Jim said...

Pain is temporary, chicks dig scars, and super heroes are forever.....

Devon said...

poor greyson, but he had to get his first 'boo boo' sooner or later

~Devon